Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Beautiful Globeville




The Globeville tradition of lovely gardens and yards continues in many places. The area is challenged by noise and pollution from the Interstate highways and encroaching industry, yet there is still a sense of pride in the neighborhood. Take a walk some morning and look at the flowers in the front yards, peer over the fences and see the vegetable extravaganza in the back yards. Some folks could feed an army with the produce grown in these small spaces. Here are a few of my favorites on the north side of I-70.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting site. I lived in Globeville from 1940 to 1956. I went into the Navy in 1956. My family remained in the house at 4735 Pearl street until 2003.
We attended St. Joseph's Polish school and church. My mother father donated a stained glass window for the church when it was initially built. His name Jan Blazejewski is on the window. It was a great place to grow up in the 40/50's We had some great times at the pool and nearby places.